cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto populate a text box on a Unity Form when launched with the username of the person logged into the Unity Client?

Julie_Brown
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am creating a Unity Form for users to fill out for a request to have a procedure changed and the first field is a Text Box with the Field Source 'Originator'; where the user enters their name.

Is it possible to create a custom action or something where this text box would auto populate when the user launches the Unity Form in the Unity Client to fill out?

OnBase17

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Julie 

That is available in the Properties section of elements that can be added to the form: 

b1a0068004384489918361b86124d4e5

The "created by" values aren't populated until the form is actually submitted (created). Before then, you can use a custom action to copy the "current" values to another field if needed. 

And these Properties values can't be mapped to a keyword, so you'd need to copy the value to store as a keyword too.

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Julie 

That is available in the Properties section of elements that can be added to the form: 

b1a0068004384489918361b86124d4e5

The "created by" values aren't populated until the form is actually submitted (created). Before then, you can use a custom action to copy the "current" values to another field if needed. 

And these Properties values can't be mapped to a keyword, so you'd need to copy the value to store as a keyword too.

Thanks Larissa, that what I was looking for. 

@Larissa Armand , I am looking for the actual property name for the Created By User Real Name and Email Address.  I was not able to find that in any of the MRGs, do you have those or know where to find them?

Thanks!

@Julio Dos Santos - not sure what you mean exactly. Those "property" fields store that information for the form. If you want to store that as a keyword or use a "copy property to/from form field" workflow action, you'll need to copy the pre-defined form field's value to another field on the form using a custom action. 

Or if you are looking for that information in workflow for any document (form or non-form) you can use a "set property value" action with the >>Author Name "keyword" or with %C (though that might be username rather than real name).

For the created by user's email address, I think you'd need to either initially capture and store that as a keyword value or set up something else (an external workview class based on the USERACCOUNT table, a unity script, etc.) to get that in workflow. I don't see any existing method to get that in workflow.