cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPUP and IdP / API Servers

Jacob_Dahlke
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I believe I already know the answer to this, but I need some clarification based on something that might have been told to a coworker:  We're running Idp 4.2 and an EP3 Api server, the Api server is only being used for authentication (SCIM).

1. If we upgraded the database and the other components to 24, is there any reason why the EP3 Api server couldn't still run against an upgraded database schema?
  2. Is there any reason why you couldn't run a 24 Api Server and an EP3 Server at the same time (different servers, different applications accessing them)?
  3. Is there any relationship between the Api Server version and the Application Server version? 

I've done this with EP4 & 23, so I know it's possible, but is it not recommended?

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jacob Dahlke ,

If we upgraded the database and the other components to 24, is there any reason why the EP3 Api server couldn't still run against an upgraded database schema?

No, you could still have the OnBase Foundation EP3 API Server running.  HOWEVER, do not make any changes to the cryptography settings ...

https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/System-Administration-Cloud/Foundation-24.1/Cloud-System-Adminis...

Is there any reason why you couldn't run a 24 Api Server and an EP3 Server at the same time (different servers, different applications accessing them)?

No, that should be fine.

Is there any relationship between the Api Server version and the Application Server version? 

No.  Both the API Server and the Application Server use the OnBase Core which is version/build specific.  That is the only relationship.  Outside of this, they are separate.  When I say they use the OnBase Core, I'm referencing the DLLs which make up the OnBase Core, not that they share anything.  So, in theory, it is possible that they could share the same bug (if it exists) within the DLLs.

Hope that helps.

It does. Something was said through support that gave the impression otherwise, so this is a nice concise clarification. 

It is always possible that I'm missing something @Jacob Dahlke , but I think you should be fine.  If you do encounter an issue, please post it hear for others.

Best wishes.