cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittently receiving "Stream is Empty" errors when submitting new documents via Unity API

Warren_Evans
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We use a custom web service built on version 17 of the Unity API to allow our other processes to submit new documents into OnBase.  Occasionally, we receive a "Stream is Empty" error or this error when submitting documents: "System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

I have attempted to reproduce this issue in our QA system but have so far been unable to get this error anywhere other than Production.  The issue seems to show up when we experience higher volume, though it can happen seemingly at any time.

We are on 17.0.1.67 SP1.  Connections to our API and to the Application Server are load balanced across two instances, set up with IP based persistence, and I'm wondering if this might have something to do with it but testing so far has been inconclusive.

Any insight into this issue or suggestions for troubleshooting would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Warren Evans,

While doing some research on this issue, I have found some cases where customers had errors as you while trying to import new documents into OnBase.

I've seen a case where the "Stream is Empty" error was caused by a threading issue. It almost always occurred when there were multiple imports happening within the same second.  This issue has been fixed in OnBase Foundation 22.1.x.x.

Also, the "Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." errors could be the result of several different environmental factors:

• IIS bindings set to an IP Address
  • Anti-Virus scanning the application server and causing recycles
  • Firewall preventing or interrupting connection.

I hope this information is helpful.

To troubleshoot this issue further in your environment, I encourage you to Create a Support Case with FLOS (first line of support) so that a Support person will work with you directly to come up with a resolution to your issue.  

Thanks!

~Alan