cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install gotcha for v17?

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I'm in the process of installing v.17 to my Dev environment for testing.  As part of previous installations, I seem to remember v.15 giving you a pop up to configure the SMTP Server.  See the v.15 MRG - p.3 (though p.3 is actually the 11th page in adobe), but we won't get into that.  So, anyway... regardless of whether I remember correctly or if the v.15 MRG is correct, an SMTP configuration popup is not part of the v.17 install.  That means this has to be done after the fact from the config tool.  So, if you think you're done after the v.17 install - you aren't.  So, after the install, make sure you open Config Utils| Distribution Service Settings and finish your DS config.  Also, if you don't want a random attachment file name, from within config go to Users|Global Client Settings and check out the drop down options at  the bottom.  This is all detailed in the v17 MRG, so I won't go into further detail.  This is just a friendly heads up in case anyone out there is having an issue or bumping into this...

If you're from Hyland and reading this, I don't necessarily mind that one has to go to the config to complete this.  The option has to be there anyway, since your SMTP server could get changed after the fact.  However, if would be nice if there were a big bold message/popup during the install that alerts one to this additional configuration requirement.

Happy DS installing...  

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

asked and answered - see previous

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

asked and answered - see previous

Caleb_Wederqui2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Just ran into this today as well.  Totally caught us off guard. 

Hello Tom, I hope that you have had a happy new year so far.

For each new release of OnBase we create an technical requirements and upgrade considerations document. For Onbase 17, this can be found on Community by navigating to My OnBase | Module Reference Guides 17 | 17 - Technical Requirements Overview for New Installations and Upgrades - OnBase 17 Module Reference Guide. Link: https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase/m/ob17mrg/21136.

On page 7 of the guide, in the Distribution Service section, we list the changes to the configuration file and how to access the settings in OnBase Configuration. 

I understand that without this document, or without knowing about it, that upgrading the Distribution Service might have caused a few hiccups. We are always looking for feedback on improving our processes and documentation. 

Please let us know if there's anything we can do moving forward to make this process easier.

Thank you,

Unfortunately, for v17, the answer to this is - this warning. Unless Hyland has implemented the last sentence in my first post.... Since v18 is out, that would be a worthwhile update to this post and then I would include this as part of the answer.