Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve distrequestnum when sending notification

Yuniyanti_Juspi
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

I need to keep track whether the notification has been sent successfully. The send notification is triggered when document is created or updated.

Is it possible to get hold of distrequestnum from hsi.distributionhist table?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jim_Adamich
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yuni,

At present, there is no link between the request(s) generated by SendNotification and the distributionqueue/distributionhist tables. This is a feature we are looking to add to our internal API and would require consumers of the Distribution Service to hold onto the request id(s) generated and associate them to the action/consumer.

Regards,

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Yuniyanti,

Yes, you can find the distrequestnum in the hsi.distributionhist table.

Take care.

Yuniyanti_Juspi
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the reply. Just realised I was asking the wrong question.

What I wanted was to get the disrequestnum when SendNotification is triggered so that I can keep track whether the notification for that particular document has been sent out.

I think I can do a custom query to get the distrequetnum from hsi.distributionhist when SendNotification is triggered. 

My concern is that whether the distrequestnum corresponds to the SendNotificaiton that was just being triggered. What if there are 2 SendNotification being triggered at the same time? Could you help me on this please?

Thanks,

Yuni

Jim_Adamich
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yuni,

At present, there is no link between the request(s) generated by SendNotification and the distributionqueue/distributionhist tables. This is a feature we are looking to add to our internal API and would require consumers of the Distribution Service to hold onto the request id(s) generated and associate them to the action/consumer.

Regards,

Yuniyanti_Juspi
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the info.

Regards,

Yuni

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.