cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivity Message upon User Logon

Austin_Barber1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Does OnBase still warn users that their account is inactive when logging in? I found this article - https://community.hyland.com/tskb/000001328-when-attempting-to-login-to-onbase-users-receive-a-messa.... I was testing the lockout after inactive days on the low security and when trying to log in I got the generic "login failed. Either the credentials were incorrect or the specified account is locked." I would like for the inactivity message to appear for the end users, but I don't see anywhere in the MRG on how to set it to appear. Does it only appear if I copy the medium or high security policy? I wouldn't think it would be limited to just those two?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Melissa_Foster
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

At Community LIVE a few years ago, this came up.  I think I remember Hyland stating that they coded it this way for malicious attacks, so the person attacking wouldn't know why the account wouldn't let them in.  

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Melissa_Foster
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

At Community LIVE a few years ago, this came up.  I think I remember Hyland stating that they coded it this way for malicious attacks, so the person attacking wouldn't know why the account wouldn't let them in.  

@Melissa Foster  - Interesting! Thanks for the answer.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.