cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS configuration to enable the application server to execute the workflow action "Execute Program"

Pierre-Francois
Employee
Employee
Hi!My partner is experiencing an issue when he tries to execute an ahdoc task that uses the workflow action "Execute Program" from Unity. When he tries to launch the same adhoc task with the thick client on the application server as an administrator of the windows server in classic mode, the program is executed correctly. My guess is that there is a specific configuration to do in IIS to enable the application server to execute external programs. But I might be wrong ;-)Thanks for your help,Pf
2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_S_Callic
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
What is the solution to this? we are trying to run a bat file from the same workflow action to ssh document to a web server. It is not recognizing the external server even though we have it "cached" on the server it self. it works fine outside of onbase, but when I try to run it I get :
"The server's host key is not cached in the registry. You
have no guarantee that the server is the computer you
think it is.
The server's rsa2 key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Connection abandoned."
were you able to get a resolution to your issue?
Lost connection

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Pierre-Francois,

The Classic Workflow and Core-based Workflow are very different.  Since you mentioned that you are attempting to execute the action (run the program) within the Unity Client, then you would be using the Core-based Workflow which would execute the action (run the program) from the Application Server.  This means that the account running the program executed within Workflow is the account running the Application Server process (Application Pool identity account or the impersonation account).  Further, there is no interaction with the program as it is run on the server.

This is different than when you would execute the action from the OnBase Thick Client within the Classic Workflow where the application is run under the user context of the user who launched the OnBase Thick Client on the workstation.  When this happens, the program could display a UI or allow the user to interact with the program.

You will likely need to work with support to better understand the setup and what needs to be configured for it to execute in the Core-based Workflow.

Take care.