Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS - Application Server set up for Unity Client

Saravanan_Ramas
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

OnBase has two different App Pools set up for Unity Client in application server for my company, but one is set with 0 recycle interval and other one is set with 1740 minutes (IIS Default Value). So whenever 1740 is passed on one App Pool, it is getting recycle and other is not due to value 0. So users are getting disconnected due to mismatch between these two and we have to recycle both them every day to avoid this before the business starts. Please let us know what would be the best way to handle it, either set both of them to 0 or some value like 24 hrs or 1740 minutes.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

I would avoid scripting personally as this introduces another point of potential failure. I would still use the built in recycle functions of IIS but do it more so at a specific time of day. So maybe at 00:00 every day (midnight that is) is when it would be best to recycle Server A and then 00:10 would be the best time to recycle Server B. You NEVER want to recycle them both at the same time as this will completely kick all users sessions and nobody will be able to get in.

Additionally, I would make sure that Pre-loaded is enabled on all of your URL's, not just your Unity App Server URL's. This helps in the initial loading of the App Server URL and makes it faster to load.

Hope this helps. 🙂

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Brian_Beaulieu
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I would set them both to 0 and if you need to do daily restarts, script it outside of IIS and use task scheduler to restart both at the same time off hours.

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

I would avoid scripting personally as this introduces another point of potential failure. I would still use the built in recycle functions of IIS but do it more so at a specific time of day. So maybe at 00:00 every day (midnight that is) is when it would be best to recycle Server A and then 00:10 would be the best time to recycle Server B. You NEVER want to recycle them both at the same time as this will completely kick all users sessions and nobody will be able to get in.

Additionally, I would make sure that Pre-loaded is enabled on all of your URL's, not just your Unity App Server URL's. This helps in the initial loading of the App Server URL and makes it faster to load.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Saravanan_Ramas
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thank you Brian and Ryan, I will discuss with CoE team on this and try to set this to 0 probably.

Thanks Again!