cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a One to many (1 document to many database records) implementation

Andy_Baskervill
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

It's straightforward to link a single database record, say for a purchase order, to many documents.. however, how do I implement One document to many database records? For example, using one Justification document to link to many Requisition IDs?

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Joel_Moore1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Andy,

You can index multiple instances of a single Keyword on a Document by double-clicking the label of the Keyword Type while Indexing:

Alternatively, let's say that each Requisition ID belongs to its own Document. You could then look to index the Document Handle of the Justification Document on each of the different records containing a Requisition ID Keyword, as the Document Handle is the unique identifier for a given Document in OnBase.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Joel

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Joel_Moore1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Andy,

You can index multiple instances of a single Keyword on a Document by double-clicking the label of the Keyword Type while Indexing:

Alternatively, let's say that each Requisition ID belongs to its own Document. You could then look to index the Document Handle of the Justification Document on each of the different records containing a Requisition ID Keyword, as the Document Handle is the unique identifier for a given Document in OnBase.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Joel

Perfect! Works both in Thick and Unity clients. I figured out from there that you can retrieve the document, right click on it, click REINDEX and add the ID in the same way.

Thanks,

Andy