cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 3 Cold Processes that run and are no longer deleting the files after import? Any Idea's on how to fix this?

David_Harris
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

After my Cold Process runs I can't get the files to delete automatically like they are supposed to.  We have recently switched to a new upgraded server that the process is running on but we set it up the same. Not sure what is causing the issue.  

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello All,

Thank you for posting this question to Community. I am sorry if you have already gotten an answer to this from another source but I wanted to put an answer out on Community so that others might be able to find it if needed.

When using a scheduled Windows Service to import documents into OnBase, the account running the Windows Service will need to have the proper rights to be able to delete from the directory that the import process is importing from. The reason that the import will run when performed manually is because the user that is currently logged into the workstation and performing the manual process most likely has the proper rights to the import directory.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable
Dave,

Check the NTFS permissions for the account running your COLD process. Sounds like it may have insufficient privileges to remove the files from the processing directory once they are processed.

David_Harris
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Robbie,
Are you talking about the folder permissions?

Not applicable
Yes, the folder permissions.

David_Harris
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
I went through and gave full permissions to all the folder and turned off inheritance.