cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an index error whenever I try importing a PDF file.

Matt_Bisges
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am getting an index error whenever I try importing a PDF file.  It is only pdf files and only happening in one disk group.  It was working fine a couple days ago.  

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Matt,

It would seem curious that you tried to import a document into your test environment and the file was already there. I have seen this before when Platter Paths associated with a disk group were not correctly updated if you created a Test Environment from another system. In this type of case, you have two system writing to the same location which is a VERY BAD THING.

While I don't suspect this is the cause based on what you have described, I'm going to recommend reaching out to your first line of support in order to determine the true cause of this issue and make sure that there are no data integrity issues between the two environments.

Take care.

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Matt!

If the two environments are using different databases created at different times and saving to separate locations then it would not be the case I noted. Again, I would recommend working with your first line of support to further investigate the issue. Having someone looking for inconsistencies between your database and your disk groups might provide more insight into the cause of the issue.

Take care.