cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an index error whenever I try importing a PDF file.

Matt_Bisges
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am getting an index error whenever I try importing a PDF file.  It is only pdf files and only happening in one disk group.  It was working fine a couple days ago.  

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Matt,

It would seem curious that you tried to import a document into your test environment and the file was already there. I have seen this before when Platter Paths associated with a disk group were not correctly updated if you created a Test Environment from another system. In this type of case, you have two system writing to the same location which is a VERY BAD THING.

While I don't suspect this is the cause based on what you have described, I'm going to recommend reaching out to your first line of support in order to determine the true cause of this issue and make sure that there are no data integrity issues between the two environments.

Take care.

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the post. Could you post the error you are receiving?

Thanks!

Matt_Bisges
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I actually figured out the issue. OnBase was trying to save the file as 2022.pdf but it had already save a file by that name to the same location. Not sure why it didn't keep going up with the file/number count. After noticing it I just kept importing and getting the error till the new file/number was higher than existed in that location. It is working as should now. Thanks.

Mindy_Levin
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
I believe I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm waiting on a screenshot from my end user. She is not able to upload PDFs in Unity Client (Version 15). She keeps getting a message that asks her to either open the document or save the document. She is able to upload other docs, just not PDFs.

Anxiously waiting for more information on this as we have yet to resolve our issue!
Thanks!
Mindy

Matt_Bisges
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Mindy, here is a screenshot of what my end user was getting. The file was trying to save as 2009.pdf but in that folder location it had already had files saved up to 2030.pdf. Each time I tried to import the document I noticed that the file name kept going up each time but I recieved the error. After getting to 2031.pdf it saved fine since there was no file in that location with that name.