Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsi.trashcan -vs- hsi.docmainXXX -vs- hsi.docmainfXXX

Daniel_Wattier
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi All -

I've seen reference to these three tables in various OnBase posts but have not seen any documentation that defines them.

I can infer from the names that these two tables ( hsi.docmainXXX and hsi.docmainfXXX) are used as part of the Document Maintenance feature of OnBase.

What is hsi.trashcan?  I see reference "trash can" in the Sys Admin guide but no clear definition of what it actually is.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Please see the comments for answers. 

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

When you delete a document, it goes into hsi.trashcan. When you do counts of docs via sql queries, you have to remember not to count the docs in trashcan if you want just the "active" docs.

Daniel_Wattier
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Jose -

That is simple enough, but, how does the hsi.trashcan table relate to the other two tables?

Thanks for any clarification around this.

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

They track purging somehow. I had heard that before, but wasn't sure. So I just deleted then purged a test doc. The itemnum (doc handle) is in docmaint371, the filepath and diskgroup is in docmaintf371. The "f" in the table name must be for "file" info. So *maint371 and *maintF371 are related.

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for using Community!

The hsi.trashcan table stores documents that are in Document Maintenance. Similar to the Recycle Bin in Windows, when documents are deleted from OnBase, they are inserted into the trash can, until they are either purged or undeleted. As Jose mentioned, documents that are active are in hsi.itemdata and not in hsi.trashcan. Documents that are deleted (but not purged) will be listed in both hsi.itemdata and hsi.trashcan. 

The hsi.docmaintXXX and hsi.docmaintfXXX tables are used (and potentially created) when a purge action is initiated for document maintenance from a workstation. The XXX will be the registernum (unique identifier of a workstation) and the tables will store the document handle and file information for the documents that are being purged by that particular workstation. When a purge (Purge Selected or Purge All) is initiated from a workstation, the tables are cleared from the previous run's data, data for the documents to purge is inserted into the tables and then the purge executes based on the contents of those tables - traversing all of the other tables that the documents' references in must be removed from (including hsi.itemdata, hsi.itemdatapage and hsi.trashcan). When the purge has been completed, the tables will store the basic document information for what was purged until the next purge is initiated. This allows for purge processes to run concurrently - from multiple workstations and prevents multiple workstations from attempting to purge the same file. 

Hope that helps!

Ansley

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.