cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve related images using Unity API

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Within OnBase, if you open an image document you can right click on the document and click "Retrieve Transaction" to get a list of other images related to the original document. For example, as a bank, we can click on a deposit image an then use "retrieve transaction" to find all the checks that were included in that deposit. This works fine within the thick client. From the Unity API I am able to query the root deposit image just fine, but I don't know how to find these related check images. Does anyone know if it's possible with the API?

If it's not possible with the API, how are these linked together in the database? I don't see any common keyword values, and I thought maybe the hsi.itemdata.doctracenumber field in the database might be the link but that doesn't seem to match either. I'm at a loss of how these are tied together in the back-end or how to programmatically retrieve these.

6 REPLIES 6

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi @David Taylor ,

Do you know how the documents are related? Typically their would be some type of Cross Reference or may something simpler like a Staple.   Where in OnBase is the document when this action is done (e.g., Foldering, Workflow, etc...). I am not familiar with "retrieve transaction" there are ways to get related documents but we would need to know how it is configured to get those documents.  Can you provide a screenshot of the "retrieve transaction" that you are using?

The documents are related by all being part of the same transaction in our merchant capture system. It's not clear to me how they relate in the OnBase system (thus my question). I can tell you for sure they are not related as a cross reference, folder, workflow, or the like. Here is a screenshot.

517b3b17a015452f9e11cbd6bcdf295d

Once I click "Retrieve transaction" I get a screen like this.

P.S. Another way they are related is they are all imported via the check import process at the same time.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.