Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prevent multiple values to a keyword

Dominique_Pluch
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello

We have a keyword on each of our business document-types that manages the visibility of the document by using the Security-Keyword setting.

Our concern is that it is possible to enter several values in such keyword.

I have created a Keyword Type Group with this single Keyword Type and set it to "non-multi-instance" and then it is OK ( right now, I cannot enter 2 values for this keyword type)

but I would like to know if it is possible to reach this without to set a Keyword Type Group ?

thanks for any feedback

Dom

5 REPLIES 5

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I think you have the right idea with a single-instance keyword type group.  I believe that's the only way to ensure this.  If the keyword was on a Unity form, you could create a workflow event on save that checks if there are multiple values.  If it was an e-form, you could do the same with JavaScript.  If the keywords are being changed within a workflow, you could add validation logic there to check if there are multiple values, but to the best of my knowledge there's no "on save" event for documents to stop someone with the Modify Keywords permission to add a keyword at any point.