Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prevent multiple values to a keyword

Dominique_Pluch
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello

We have a keyword on each of our business document-types that manages the visibility of the document by using the Security-Keyword setting.

Our concern is that it is possible to enter several values in such keyword.

I have created a Keyword Type Group with this single Keyword Type and set it to "non-multi-instance" and then it is OK ( right now, I cannot enter 2 values for this keyword type)

but I would like to know if it is possible to reach this without to set a Keyword Type Group ?

thanks for any feedback

Dom

5 REPLIES 5

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Dom and thank you for using the Hyland Community!

You could configure this Keyword type as a read-only and/or hidden Keyword at the Document Type level.  These settings are enforced with the 'Access Restricted Keywords' User Group Privilege.

User groups without the 'Access Restricted Keywords' privilege will be unable to see the Keyword fields if the 'Hidden' setting is enabled.  If the 'Read-Only' setting is enabled, the same users will be unable to modify this value.  User Groups which do have the 'Access Restricted Keywords' privilege will be able to see the value if hidden is applied and will be able to modify the values if read-only is applied.

You can also configure this restricted Keyword type to have a default value on each Document Type it is associated with.

To enable these options open the Document Types configuration dialog, select the Document Type you want to configure and click the 'Keywords' button.

8b3942c8b71244f8949ba11a6a9fea78

Once the 'Keyword Type Assignment' dialog opens, click the 'Options' button.

090ee4de6070420181a02ba0588c2a28

From the 'Keyword Options' dialog you can configure default values as well as set the keyword to be Hidden, Read-Only and a few other options.

39339b35b71a495c9acd6e51c73983ce

I hope this helps answer your question and thank you again for using the Hyland Community!

Dear Brian,

So I understand that there is no solution to limit the number of values for a keyword and that the solution that you propose is to limit the possibility to enter manually a value, and consequently several values. It might be applicable for us as the value of this keyword is determined by checking in a reference of a security database and applied by an API.

Dom

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Do you mean that when the users are indexing the documents, you only want a certain set of values available for the keyword? You could use a keyword data set if that's what you're after.

Michelle

Dear Michelle,

our goal, is to allow only one value to a keyword. With OnBase, it is very easy to set several values to a keyword.

You are right, I can have a value from a list of values, but just one!

Dom