cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SECURITY KEYWORDS (Unity Form)

Wanda_Rosioara
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi,

I need help setting up security keywords. We are using a Unity form.

I have a General User Group (GUG) and a HR Group (HRG)

The GUG should be able to see documents that contain their Userid. I created a security keyword at the group level for the GUG, where keyword user id = username

The HRG should be able to see all documents (in retrieval, custom queries as well as workflow). No security keywords were configured for the HRG.

The results....
The GUG can see  only the documents with their user id - this works great.
The HRG can see  only the documents with their user id - not so great. The HRG can not see all documents nor can the HRG see docs in the workflow queues (even though the group is assigned to the queues)

I have tried many different scenarios with no luck. Any ideas on how to configure this?

Thank you.

Wanda

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Wanda

I had the very same problem.  Here is my work-around:

1) Add a second instance of the useid KW called "HRUSERS" to all the forms as they are submited with the appropriate WF action.

2)In the HR User group, add a static security KW user id = "HRUSERS"

3) Create a small WF with a timer and NO doc types configured to it for reprocessing the existing forms.

4) create s system task to add the existing form to the reprocessing WF.

Good Luck

Scott

View answer in original post

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Wanda,

We do this our our environment with a keyword named "Authorized Users" that we use as a security keyword.  Our general user group is set up the same way as yours (our unity form sets the Authorized Users keyword to the current user name property when the form is new and our general user group has the security keyword mapped to username).  Once the form is submitted, it enters workflow and we then set a second instance of the Authorized Users keyword to "HR."  The HR user group has the "Authorized Users" keyword mapped to "HR" - since they're in both groups and the same security keyword is used across both it works as "or" logic (if the keyword matches their username or it is HR, the document is visible for the HR group).  This allows them to see all of the forms.  The Sys Admin MRG has a few additional examples and considerations (ex: it's worth noting that some functions, like retrieve by document handle, don't respect security keywords, and so you may want to look at locking those functions down).

Thanks,

Nick

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Wanda

I had the very same problem.  Here is my work-around:

1) Add a second instance of the useid KW called "HRUSERS" to all the forms as they are submited with the appropriate WF action.

2)In the HR User group, add a static security KW user id = "HRUSERS"

3) Create a small WF with a timer and NO doc types configured to it for reprocessing the existing forms.

4) create s system task to add the existing form to the reprocessing WF.

Good Luck

Scott

Thank you it's working!

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Wanda,

We do this our our environment with a keyword named "Authorized Users" that we use as a security keyword.  Our general user group is set up the same way as yours (our unity form sets the Authorized Users keyword to the current user name property when the form is new and our general user group has the security keyword mapped to username).  Once the form is submitted, it enters workflow and we then set a second instance of the Authorized Users keyword to "HR."  The HR user group has the "Authorized Users" keyword mapped to "HR" - since they're in both groups and the same security keyword is used across both it works as "or" logic (if the keyword matches their username or it is HR, the document is visible for the HR group).  This allows them to see all of the forms.  The Sys Admin MRG has a few additional examples and considerations (ex: it's worth noting that some functions, like retrieve by document handle, don't respect security keywords, and so you may want to look at locking those functions down).

Thanks,

Nick

Thank you! it's working!