cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Failed to verify id file for platter (1) error during virtual print. No issues while importing from web client or thick client.

Neelima_Serinen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

When I import using Web client import or thick client import it goes fine.

I get error only when trying to Virtual import document through unity.

Failed to verify id file for platter (1)

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Neelima,

Thanks for the post.

When you say "Virtual import document through Unity", are you referring to using the Virtual Print Driver via the Unity Client?

This error is typically noticed when there are permissions issues with the Identity/Impersonation account writing to the Disk Groups.  This means the Application Server doesn't have the necessary rights to create the file in the Disk Group.  You can run Diagnostics Console on the Application Server to see if there are any other errors.

The part I find curious is that the OnBase Web Client works as expected to import documents but the Unity Client doesn't.  Do you have different Application Servers for the Unity Client and the Web Server?  If you do then you should check the ones servicing the Unity Client as they appear to have the issue.  If they are the same Application Server, then it is possible one of the Disk Groups has different permissions than the rest and needs to be updated.

Take care.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Neelima,

Thanks for the post.

When you say "Virtual import document through Unity", are you referring to using the Virtual Print Driver via the Unity Client?

This error is typically noticed when there are permissions issues with the Identity/Impersonation account writing to the Disk Groups.  This means the Application Server doesn't have the necessary rights to create the file in the Disk Group.  You can run Diagnostics Console on the Application Server to see if there are any other errors.

The part I find curious is that the OnBase Web Client works as expected to import documents but the Unity Client doesn't.  Do you have different Application Servers for the Unity Client and the Web Server?  If you do then you should check the ones servicing the Unity Client as they appear to have the issue.  If they are the same Application Server, then it is possible one of the Disk Groups has different permissions than the rest and needs to be updated.

Take care.

Neelima_Serinen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Adam, Thank you for the response. App service url configured in ObUnity config file locally on my system was connecting to test server. Test file server did not have the secific disk group.

Configured to point it to production. Thank you.

Great! Thanks for the update.