cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External AutoFill Keyword Set

Pam_Bonebright
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have created an external AKFS. It is pulling from an external SQL database table. I am created this on a development machine currently. Under C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe I have created a System DSN (DNR SQL Prod) and connected directly down to the table I need to access. When tested this completes successfully. When I go into External AutoFill Keyword Set Configuration I set the DSN to DNR SQL Prod, use the same user ID and password used to create the system DSN, I created by SQL Select string using keyword numbers as suggested SELECT [ContactID] as Ks9440, [LastName] as Ks9443, [FirstName] as KS9443 FROM [WPContacts].[dbo].[Contacts] WHERE Ks9440 = @primary. When I Test using Contact ID I receive an Error [5285] Could not read table info. Ensure select rights granted on table. I know the rights are okay since I tested the rights when setting up the System DSN. How do I get connected to the external database in OnBase?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Pam and thank you for using the Hyland Community!

Can you run the select query directly in the External Database? "Select [ContactID], [LastName], [FirstName] FROM [WPContacts].[dbo].[Contacts]"?

I would double check the column names on the "[WPContacts].[dbo].[Contacts]" table and make sure that they don't have [WPContacts] or [dbo] before them. If they do you will have to add these to your SQL Select string in Configuration.

Have you tried testing the SQL Select String in Configuration without the "as KW9440" qualifiers?

If none of those suggestions work I would recommend looking at the Security on the External Database and verifying that the user entered in the ODBC Connection information as well as the External Configuration settings have Select rights for that specific table. Please also keep in mind if you are using a 64 bit Application Server you will also have to setup a 64 bit ODBC for this to work in any Core Client (Web/Unity).

I hope this helped answer your question! Thanks again for using the Hyland Community!

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Pam and thank you for using the Hyland Community!

Can you run the select query directly in the External Database? "Select [ContactID], [LastName], [FirstName] FROM [WPContacts].[dbo].[Contacts]"?

I would double check the column names on the "[WPContacts].[dbo].[Contacts]" table and make sure that they don't have [WPContacts] or [dbo] before them. If they do you will have to add these to your SQL Select string in Configuration.

Have you tried testing the SQL Select String in Configuration without the "as KW9440" qualifiers?

If none of those suggestions work I would recommend looking at the Security on the External Database and verifying that the user entered in the ODBC Connection information as well as the External Configuration settings have Select rights for that specific table. Please also keep in mind if you are using a 64 bit Application Server you will also have to setup a 64 bit ODBC for this to work in any Core Client (Web/Unity).

I hope this helped answer your question! Thanks again for using the Hyland Community!