cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples of promoting from Test to Prod OnBase Workflow?

Brian_Karcher1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I'm looking for any examples you all have of how you promote various pieces of Workflow from a lower environment (dev,test,beta) to production.

Yes I'm aware of the Configuration Migration Utility. But what I'm looking for is a more robust method/tool/process when you have, say 20+ people working on numerous Workflow projects simultaneously and pushing to Prod each night.

2 REPLIES 2

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

First, I'd recommend making sure only one person is working on a particular lifecycle at a time if possible. If that's not possible, try to at least make sure one person is modifying a given task list at a time.

Also, spreading out your deployments a bit may be a good idea. Making changes in production every night increases the day-to-day risk of stuff breaking.

But speaking to the actual process. We just basically make a list of the specific changes that need to be made. We list out the "path" of the workflow logic so the person implementing the change in production can find what needs to change, and then list out what to change.

Nathan_Jones3
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Check out OnBase Studio (v13)/Workflow Studio (v12).  Gives you the ability to "check out" life cycles so others can't edit while you're working on it.  Also, improved import/export process to migrate between regions.