Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while retrieving documents using Unity API

Venkatroyal_Ayy
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

I am retrieving a list of documents using the documentQuery object.

The no. of documents will be more than 8,00,000. I am using the documentQuery.execute() method.

Find below the exception message and stacktrace.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: xml node is not of type responseList, it is type: error

at Hyland.Types.EncryptedServiceObject.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, SerializationContext context)

at Hyland.Public.ServiceObject.ReadXml(String xml, SerializationContext context)

at Hyland.Types.SoapServiceClient.Execute(IRequestList requestList)
    at Hyland.Unity.Application.Execute(RequestList requestList)
    at Hyland.Unity.Application.Execute(Request request)
    at Hyland.Unity.Application.ExecuteWithValidation(Request request)
    at Hyland.Unity.ServiceAccess.ExecuteQuery(Application app, DocumentQuery qry, Int64 maxDocs, Boolean retrieveKeywords)
    at Hyland.Unity.DocumentQuery.Execute(Int64 maxDocuments, DocumentRetrievalOptions docRetrievalOptions)
    at Hyland.Unity.DocumentQuery.Execute(Int64 maxDocuments)

Please help me out.

Venkat

5 REPLIES 5

Timothy_Cosgrif
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

It sounds like your client is timing out while the Application Server is serializing all of those query results.

Try using the DocumentQuery.ExecuteResults method. It will break the result set down into manageable chunks of results in the background.

Grant_Fish
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but returning that many documents in one query probably isn't going to work. I'm not sure if you meant 800,000 or 8 million, but either way I doubt that it is going to work. It sounds like you are trying to return every document in your system. If you really need to look at that many documents for some reason, I would recommend finding some way to break it down into manageable chunks and issue separate queries.

Venkatroyal_Ayy
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Tim,

I don't find any unity API method like ExecuteResults().

Can you tell me exactly which method it is?.

Venkat

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

What is the business case? We may be able to come up with a better solution than trying to return that many documents at once.