Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty volumes

Harold_Cruz8
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are on Nautilus 11 and we just recently upgraded from 6.4

During the upgrade, my print servers being used for rendering did not have "write" access to the diskgroups although they were able to create the volume folder.

Now it has created a bunch of empty volumes that it is trying to create copies of with my Rimage machine. 

How do i delete these volumes from the system so it does not send it to the backup rimage machine?  I know i can delete the folders from the diskgroup and possibly the onbase.id file?  What's the proper way to delete the volumes other than letting it back up over 100 volumes it created that are blank then going in platter management and deleting them manually.

9 REPLIES 9

Dean_Hill
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

When I go to Platter Management and select the Backup queue --> Disk Group --> Volume then right click I don't have a Manual delete option. I am in Onbase 10, the only way I can perform delete from Platter Management is to copy to DVD or Write to Disk etc.. then elect to remove the volume and then delete it from the Delete queue . What do I need to do to get the option to Manually Delete without backing up to DVD or Disk?

Thomas_Nowakows
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Dean,

The manual delete is accessed by drilling down to the Disk Group in the left pane of the Platter Management console, selecting the volume in the right pane and selecting the copy in the right pane.

You should perform an analysis prior to deletion to make sure all the pages are on the copy(s) you keep of that volume.

I just wanna say how much of a pain this is.  When going back to statements, the list resets to the very top!! so if you have a lot of volumes, you'd have to scroll all the way back to where you where.  enhancement request 🙂

Thanks Thomas, that is exactly what I was looking for and an excellent point for anyone deleting copies of a volume to analyze first. We have had issues in the past where files were missing on copies of volumes.

Much Appreciated!

Dean

Dean_Johnson
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Not sure if this is what you are asking about but in Config, if you go under USER, GLOBAL CLIENT SETTINGS, PLATTER MANAGEMENT tab, there is an option that says "Reverse Sort Platter Management Window Volumes".

This might work better for you.

Dean