cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain authentication with Java API in Linux

Yi-Huey_Li
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have an in house web application that is housed by Tomcat in a Linux box. This web application calls web services which call Java API to connect and retrieve document form OnBase. The web application and webservices are in Linux environment. We would like to implement single sign on or AD domain authentication when connecting to ObBase so the users do not need to type in id and password again.  I see SingleSignOnAuthenticationProperty and DomainAuthenticationProperties in the API. Would they work with Linux? What do I need to do to make it work in Linux?

3 REPLIES 3

Courtney_Smith1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Linux is not fully integrated with the Windows domain and cannot directly consume network resources without being authenticated for each resource. When attempting to use domain authentication the IIS server attempts to authenticate the Linux user but cannot not since Linux is not passing Windows credentials.  Although, OnBase Domain authentication will still work you would need to enable anonymous access in order for the Linux system to access the application server's virtual directory.

If I enable anonymous access, how do I pass user's windows credential to onbase without prompting for user name and password? I would need to have onbase to handle the authorization and user permission.

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Yi-Huey Li,

Connecting a Linux system to a Windows domain is beyond the scope of OnBase.  This will need to be accomplished with something like Samba or other Windows/Linux bridge.

Linux does not natively connect to a Windows domain and therefore you will not be able to use Windows Authentication with a Linux system unless you configure your Linux and Windows domain prior to using the Windows Authentication.  Without setting this up first your only option is to use the anonymous setting in IIS to connect the Linux system to the OnBase Application server.