cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Client API support the Processing Filename Keyword when importing documents?

Nick_McElheny1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I recently added a new keyword and configured it as a processing filename keyword in Config.  For ad-hoc imports, it prepopulates the keyword to the filename without any issues.  However, we have an existing Client API solution that imports Word documents from a network share.  I wasn't sure if this would prepopulate the keyword or not when archiving a new document without any changes to the code -- what I found was that it set all of the filename keywords to just "DOC" (only the extension, without the full filename).

I couldn't find anything in the SDK, but I wasn't sure if the Client API supported filename keywords when importing documents.  If we were to manually set the filename value within the script, would we then end up with two keywords (one with the actual filename and one with just "DOC")?

Thanks,

Nick McElheny | Trover Solutions, Inc.

Lead Systems Engineer - Document Imaging

6 REPLIES 6

Nick_McElheny1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Daniel/Joe,

Thanks again for taking a look at this.  I set up a test using the Client API today and it populated the filename successfully in both 9.2 and 13.  There must be something else flaky going on with our existing API code.  For now, knowing that it should work is sufficient.

Thanks again,

Nick McElheny | Trover Solutions, Inc.

Lead Systems Engineer - Document Imaging

Joe_Kocsis
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Nick,

I am glad it worked for you! If you need anything else, dont hesitate to ask or call!