cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Separation Queue to append multiple pages on scanning

Kelly_Amott
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are rolling out the application to our users and one of the challenges they are already bringing up is indexing a multipage document. When it gets to be 10+ pages they don't want to sit and click on index\append. I have read where there is no option to append multiple pages during indexing but supposedly if you enable Document Separation Queue in the Process Options you are supposed to be able to merge pages in a batch. 

I have enabled the Document Separation Queue but the batch is skipping that step and dropping from Image  Processing to Awaiting Index. The MRG isn't crystal clear on how to configure the DSQ.

I have also modified the Image Processing options to Combine Image Documents.

While the batch is in Image Processing all the pages appear as one merged document. I have, immediately after capture, gone to Image -> Edit Images to force Document Separation and have tried both a Select All and Join as well as a Group to hopefully create and maintain one document. Either way, while in Image Processing it says one total document to be indexed but, regardless of what I do, by the time the batch gets to indexing it has converted to multiple individual documents. 

Guidance please? Otherwise, any advice on managing multi-page documents?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Kelly_Amott
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I found the solution. I didn't know that Document Separation was still an available tool once the batch is in the Awaiting Index queue. It's a straightforward operation.

• Open the batch
  • Select all the documents you want to merge
  • Right click and then click on Send To > Document Separation
  • Select All Documents
  • Join -> Merge
  • Save and Close.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kelly_Amott
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I found the solution. I didn't know that Document Separation was still an available tool once the batch is in the Awaiting Index queue. It's a straightforward operation.

• Open the batch
  • Select all the documents you want to merge
  • Right click and then click on Send To > Document Separation
  • Select All Documents
  • Join -> Merge
  • Save and Close.