cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Retrieval - Query Info 'required keywords not supplied'

David_Hiden1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

This is probably an easy question but I've been away from OnBase for awhile and just returning. Our general users are getting a message they have to add a particular keyword to continue, our IT/Admins get "Would you like to continue without these values". WE have everyone in multiple user groups so I can't find the specific difference in our privileges, can anyone point me to it?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi David,

There's a product right for "override query restrictions" (screenshot 1 below) that allows users to bypass the date or keyword requirements when searching.  In general, I'd recommend only setting this for your administrators and not standard users as lots of unrestricted queries will definitely have a negative impact on system performance.  As an alternative to setting the override query restrictions at the user group level, you can control the query warning at the document type level (screenshot 2).  I recommend using this approach instead as it gives a lot more control around what is required when searching - just the document date, at least one keyword, the document date and a keyword, etc.  It also allows you to set whether the message appears as just a warning to the user or if it should prevent them from running the query.  

1ac1d13c610841ef95b07dfb68aaac17

b23c930f46574a2294cd1a77b3d59386

Nick McElheny

Farm Credit Mid-America

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi David,

There's a product right for "override query restrictions" (screenshot 1 below) that allows users to bypass the date or keyword requirements when searching.  In general, I'd recommend only setting this for your administrators and not standard users as lots of unrestricted queries will definitely have a negative impact on system performance.  As an alternative to setting the override query restrictions at the user group level, you can control the query warning at the document type level (screenshot 2).  I recommend using this approach instead as it gives a lot more control around what is required when searching - just the document date, at least one keyword, the document date and a keyword, etc.  It also allows you to set whether the message appears as just a warning to the user or if it should prevent them from running the query.  

1ac1d13c610841ef95b07dfb68aaac17

b23c930f46574a2294cd1a77b3d59386

Nick McElheny

Farm Credit Mid-America

Great, I'll set it out, thanks.