cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Maintenance Not Showing All Deleted Documents

Austin_Barber1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Everyone. Someone asked me this morning if I could restore some documents for them. When going into the client, I only saw two dates which was 10/28 and 10/29 from 2021. I looked in the sysadmin MRG and says to which you have rights. I have access to all document types, being the admin. Is there some other permission that I need to add to see all the other documents? The user did confirm that they have delete items after 10/29/2021. 

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Austin Barber,

Here are some tips for restoring deleted documents that may help you:

For documents that were deleted they can be retrieved through Document Maintenance. If the document was purged and not just deleted then it is no longer in OnBase and you would not be able to retrieve the document.  

Document Maintenance can be found in this location. 

Thick Client | Admin | Utilities | Document Maintenance

To help locate files that may of been deleted you can run a report. 

Thick Client | Admin | Transaction Logs| Create Report | <Transaction Log> Document History | Check 'Show Details' box | select 'Deleted Document' action | enter in the user name and date that the documents were deleted and click the Create Report or View button. A report of deleted items will be displayed.

To run a report on what documents were purged you can do the following. 

Thick Client | Admin | Transaction Logs | Create Report | Select Transaction Log Drop Down - Administration | Check Show Details Box | Select "Purged Document" | Select appropriate date range | Sort by Date | Enter User Name

Click Create Report Or View to display the report.

If you still cannot restore all your documents, I encourage you to open a support ticket with FLOS (first line of support) so that a Support person will work directly with you to solve this issue.

Thanks for asking in our Community!

~Alan

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.