cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Services not working using Amazon AWS to send emails using SMTP

Brener_Rodrigu1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am sending emails using Unity Workflow action "Send notifications" with distribution services in OnBase Foundation (19.8.5.1000) and it is working properly when using google e-mail account. I had to turn on the option "less secure app access" at Google's security settings.

Now I need send emails using Amazon AWS SMTP account. I had changed the account settings and restarted distribution services. Is there any configurations needed under Web Integration Settings? Am I missing something? Thanks!

788157fdc2254973bc43917dac1bca3f

426fa50f480f4ee9b10601eab9acf99a

4 REPLIES 4

Cameron_Roberts
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Brener,

To answer the second part of your question, no, Distribution Service does not use any settings from the Web Integration. I do not have a very good understand of Amazon AWS email routing functionality but if is basically an SMTP server then it should be possible. Activating logging and utilizing Diagnostic Console would be a great place to start in isolating the issue. 

Thanks,

Cameron Roberts

Brener_Rodrigu1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks Cameron.

Diagnostic console shows the following error message:

SMTP error encountered connecting to mail server 'email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com'. Reason: 'The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: Authentication required'

The Amazon SES SMTP endpoint requires that all connections be encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS). I notice the Username field in OnBase under My Account Information only accepts email@domain.com, so I cannot pass only a name string as credentials. It looks like I have to establish a TLS-encrypted connection to Amazon SES. It may have some settings at Amazon side, I will go look for that. If anyone did this before please let m know. Thanks. 

7dcfd62b7e494873aa915001384f421255aafec5fc314298a69e8f4f1b9eda4e

Manuel_Escalan1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have the same problem, did you find any solution?.

Thiago_Ferreira
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi guys, did you find a solution to the problem? (2024)