cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Services not working using Amazon AWS to send emails using SMTP

Brener_Rodrigu1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am sending emails using Unity Workflow action "Send notifications" with distribution services in OnBase Foundation (19.8.5.1000) and it is working properly when using google e-mail account. I had to turn on the option "less secure app access" at Google's security settings.

Now I need send emails using Amazon AWS SMTP account. I had changed the account settings and restarted distribution services. Is there any configurations needed under Web Integration Settings? Am I missing something? Thanks!

788157fdc2254973bc43917dac1bca3f

426fa50f480f4ee9b10601eab9acf99a

4 REPLIES 4

Cameron_Roberts
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Brener,

To answer the second part of your question, no, Distribution Service does not use any settings from the Web Integration. I do not have a very good understand of Amazon AWS email routing functionality but if is basically an SMTP server then it should be possible. Activating logging and utilizing Diagnostic Console would be a great place to start in isolating the issue. 

Thanks,

Cameron Roberts

Brener_Rodrigu1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks Cameron.

Diagnostic console shows the following error message:

SMTP error encountered connecting to mail server 'email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com'. Reason: 'The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: Authentication required'

The Amazon SES SMTP endpoint requires that all connections be encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS). I notice the Username field in OnBase under My Account Information only accepts email@domain.com, so I cannot pass only a name string as credentials. It looks like I have to establish a TLS-encrypted connection to Amazon SES. It may have some settings at Amazon side, I will go look for that. If anyone did this before please let m know. Thanks. 

7dcfd62b7e494873aa915001384f421255aafec5fc314298a69e8f4f1b9eda4e

Manuel_Escalan1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have the same problem, did you find any solution?.

Thiago_Ferreira
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi guys, did you find a solution to the problem? (2024)
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.