cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Service

Karen_Bjornset1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is it possible in the Hyland.Core.Distribution.NTService.exe.config file to have more than one SMTP line?  We are trying to separate notifications through different servers based on if they are secure or not.  Maybe there is a better way,  I was just thinking this may work.   I appreciate any guidance if anyone has been down this road before.  Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Karen,

Thanks for using Community. SCR 46017 (completed in OnBase 17) allows the Distribution Service to specify SMTP settings per datasource. So, for example, Datasource Alpha can send through SMTP Server Alpha, and Datasource Beta can send through SMTP Server Beta. 

However, prior to OnBase 17, while the Distribution Service could monitor multiple datasources, they all had to share SMTP settings. 

Thank you,

I noticed that the new Hyland.Core.Distribution.NTService.exe.config doesn't contain the usual SMTP server and account info like it used to. Where is it being stored now in OnBase 17?

Hi Jay,

These settings have been migrated to OnBase Configuration, under the Utils menu and then Distribution Service Settings. This is detailed in the Distribution Service Module Reference Guide, and also the Upgrade Considerations documentation.

Thank you,