cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiskGroup and inodes

Scott_Hoelzel
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

The Data ONTAP OS allocates 1 inode per 32 KB of data in a volume by default.  This can be increased to 1 inode per 4 KB.  If you increase/decrease the number of inodes per KB, does this effect import speeds in OnBase?  Does this have any direct effect to the Disk Groups and/or OnBase application?    

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the post.  While you most likely already found a response to your question, I wanted to follow up for others researching this topic in the future.

Block level performance is challenging to test as different storage vendors manage this different.  Not to mention, it also depends on the data characterists (size for instance) as well as your storage architecture (RAID configruation, network configuration, etc).  Since OnBase is neutral respective to storage vendors, we don't perform specific testing with regards to OnBase on specific storage devices.

That being said, if you were able to find information from your own testing which might be useful to others in the community, I encourage you to share it.

Thanks.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the post.  While you most likely already found a response to your question, I wanted to follow up for others researching this topic in the future.

Block level performance is challenging to test as different storage vendors manage this different.  Not to mention, it also depends on the data characterists (size for instance) as well as your storage architecture (RAID configruation, network configuration, etc).  Since OnBase is neutral respective to storage vendors, we don't perform specific testing with regards to OnBase on specific storage devices.

That being said, if you were able to find information from your own testing which might be useful to others in the community, I encourage you to share it.

Thanks.