cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory Import Processor Pre-Commit Script hook

Harry_Siemer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am trying to transfer the "Last Saved Date" of each file in a Directory Import Processor batch to the "Document Date" KW.

Does anyone have an example of how that could be achieved using a script hook?

3 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Harry --

The Unity API script hooks only fire from user actions in the Unity Client (and some of the Office Integrations) so that's probably not a good solution. Are you able to use Workflow? This might be an ideal use for it.

View answer in original post

Harry_Siemer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks for the reply Adam. Once the documents are in Onbase, how would you access the last saved date which is a file system property.

For example if I import a directory structure into Onbase using Directory Import Processor, each file in the file system has a Last save date. This is the date I need to store as a Key Word Value.

Once the file is ingested into Onbase is there still a way to extract this information to a keyword?

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Can't you reprocess the import verification report for the batch (using normal DIP or COLD etc) to get the information you want???  Not even sure if that would be possible...  But I agree with you: a script hook at the right time would be 1st-class.

4 REPLIES 4

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Harry --

The Unity API script hooks only fire from user actions in the Unity Client (and some of the Office Integrations) so that's probably not a good solution. Are you able to use Workflow? This might be an ideal use for it.

Harry_Siemer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks for the reply Adam. Once the documents are in Onbase, how would you access the last saved date which is a file system property.

For example if I import a directory structure into Onbase using Directory Import Processor, each file in the file system has a Last save date. This is the date I need to store as a Key Word Value.

Once the file is ingested into Onbase is there still a way to extract this information to a keyword?

After some discussion, we think that using the DIP Preprocessing is probably the best place to handle this particular case. There should be information in the OnBase Client/Directory Import MRG entries.

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Can't you reprocess the import verification report for the batch (using normal DIP or COLD etc) to get the information you want???  Not even sure if that would be possible...  But I agree with you: a script hook at the right time would be 1st-class.