Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Onbase 15 to Upcoming Onbase 19 or 19SP1

Hein_Cronje
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

We are looking on upgrading our current OnBase version 15.0.2 to upcoming OnBase 19 or 19SP1 .

Would we need to Upgrade to each version after 15 for Example 16 and then to 17 etc. or can we go straight ahead to the latest Onbase version available ?

Also any specific place where I can find a reference guide of all avenues to cover when doing so(File Share to DB to App Server)

Thank you in advance

Regards

Hein

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Hein.

Thanks for the question. I'm going to assume you meant to say OnBase 18 as version 19 will not be released until likely the summer of 2019. To your first question, you can upgrade directly from any previous version to the current version without intermediate steps to the versions in between. This means you can upgrade from OnBase 15 to OnBase 18 (or any Service Pack release if applicable).

To your second request, here are some places to start your upgrade journey...

Also, with classes taught at TechQuest and CommunityLIVE on the topic. Here is a link to the presentations from CommunityLIVE (let me know if it doesn't work) (link).

Hope this helps get you started.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Hein.

Thanks for the question. I'm going to assume you meant to say OnBase 18 as version 19 will not be released until likely the summer of 2019. To your first question, you can upgrade directly from any previous version to the current version without intermediate steps to the versions in between. This means you can upgrade from OnBase 15 to OnBase 18 (or any Service Pack release if applicable).

To your second request, here are some places to start your upgrade journey...

Also, with classes taught at TechQuest and CommunityLIVE on the topic. Here is a link to the presentations from CommunityLIVE (let me know if it doesn't work) (link).

Hope this helps get you started.

Thank you, Adam!!

Mark_Stoner
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I've been watching this post to see when OB 19 might be available.  Has a release date being firmed up for OB19?