cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Console Firewall Information?

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Assume that all traffic is currently blocked between a client PC running Diagnostics Console in remote mode and the OnBase app server running the Diagnostics Service. What firewall rules would need to be added to allow the client PC full access to Diagnostics Console? I believe the traffic is sent from the client to the server on port 8989, but what about the traffic from the server back to the client?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Shawn_Cottles
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I believe the default port is 8989 and all traffic is directed through that port. Working with DDS, I have often ran into issues where the port was only opened in one direction or opened for a single protocol. That might be worth looking into if your not the one configuring the firewall settings yourself.   

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

The traffic TO the app server appears to go over port 8989, but the traffic coming back FROM the app server seems to be going over different (seemingly random/dynamic) ports. We're on version 9.2 at the moment. Is there a range of ports it uses for the return traffic? This would be good info to put in the MRG.

Shawn_Cottles
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I would suggest checking your Diagnostics Console’s configuration file and the Web.config files for your server.

According to the Module Reference Guide, it looks like there are two default ports in 9.2 8989 and 5445

https://www.hyland.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/mrg_9_2/8513.aspx

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

That's what I thought too, but we were seeing traffic on other ports.