cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Platter management Error Call Tech support. Unable to create ID FILE Function -> AddToFile. (1) : GetIdFile 2: -3 79.77.16

Doug_Niemiec
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the post.

My guess, without more context to the nature of the error, is that you are seeing this error when attempting to import documents (ie Sweep, Ad-Hoc Import, DIP, etc) using the OnBase Thick Client.  The issue is caused by the in ability to update the OnBase.ID when promoting a Disk Group.  If you are importing documents into OnBase then I would make sure that the Disk Group Platter Path in Config (Config | Disk Mgmt | Disk Group | <select Disk Group> | Volume Configuration | <select the last volume> | <verify write access to the Platter Path) is pointing to a location where the user has the ability to write files. If the user doesn't have permission then they will not be able to import documents into the system.

Hope this helps.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the post.

My guess, without more context to the nature of the error, is that you are seeing this error when attempting to import documents (ie Sweep, Ad-Hoc Import, DIP, etc) using the OnBase Thick Client.  The issue is caused by the in ability to update the OnBase.ID when promoting a Disk Group.  If you are importing documents into OnBase then I would make sure that the Disk Group Platter Path in Config (Config | Disk Mgmt | Disk Group | <select Disk Group> | Volume Configuration | <select the last volume> | <verify write access to the Platter Path) is pointing to a location where the user has the ability to write files. If the user doesn't have permission then they will not be able to import documents into the system.

Hope this helps.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.