cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create user in OnBase with AD Configuration

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Is there a way to use the Unity API to automatically create a user inside of OnBase that is tied to an AD account to where you can map a SID to that same user to be created. I am hoping I am just missing the details of what I need in order to accomplish this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan.

You can create an OnBase User Account in Config or via the Unity API.  In both cases, when you create the user account it will not have a SID mapped to the OnBase User Account.  When the user attempts to login via directory service authentication (i.e. AD - Enhanced), OnBase will attempt to find a user with the same SID.  Since this will return no user accounts, it will then look for an OnBase User Account with the same name (i.e. hsi.useraccount.username = AD sAMAccountName attribute).  If they match, then OnBase will store the user's AD SID with the OnBase User Account in the database and the SID will be used the next time the user authenticates.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Thilina_Random2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

A user account in OnBase having the same username as a user account in AD will technically be automatically mapped. I don't believe there is a way to map using a SID.

When you are using AD - Enhanced and Active Directory, then yes you will map based upon the SID. That's why AD - Enhanced worked. I guess I will have to do some testing to see if I can create the user inside of OnBase, but then see when a user logs in using AD - Enhanced that it maps the SID and such to the created user. Just need to mess with it and test it out I guess.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan.

You can create an OnBase User Account in Config or via the Unity API.  In both cases, when you create the user account it will not have a SID mapped to the OnBase User Account.  When the user attempts to login via directory service authentication (i.e. AD - Enhanced), OnBase will attempt to find a user with the same SID.  Since this will return no user accounts, it will then look for an OnBase User Account with the same name (i.e. hsi.useraccount.username = AD sAMAccountName attribute).  If they match, then OnBase will store the user's AD SID with the OnBase User Account in the database and the SID will be used the next time the user authenticates.

Best wishes.

@Adam Shane isn't this behavior only in Foundation? I'm basing this on an issue we had when upgrading to Foundation and Active Directory enhanced (from AD Legacy/Basic).