Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account questions

David_Chatterto
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello,

We have a couple of scripts made by Hyland that email user groups. An end user has requested a shared mailbox be included in the notifications. Instead of modifying the scripts I want to create a standard user that uses the shared mailbox email address as it's email address. I have two questions:

1 - We have AD integration. I've noticed new users don't receive emails until after they've logged in for the first time. Is this also true of standard accounts?

2 - If the account locks does it still receive notifications?

Thanks,

David.

2 REPLIES 2

Roger_Linhart
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@David Chatterton 

When a new Active Directory user logs in for the first time OnBase creates their OnBase user, pulling information Such as User ID, Full Name, Email Address and so on from their Active Directory User. This does depend on configuration but based on what you've said it sounds like you have this turned on. Prior to the user logging in for the first time, OnBase doesn't have this information.

If by Standard Account, you mean ones you create in OnBase Configuration yourself, assuming you enter the user's email address and place them into the required Usergroups, I don't think they'd need to log in first since you've written the necessary information into the database when you created the user.

I've never considered if locked accounts would still receive emails so I'm looking forward to see if anyone can clear that up.

Thanks Roger!