Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy folders inside file cabinet to another folder

haneen_haddad
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi,

I am trying to copy folders  in file cabinet  but it's unable to copy and there are no options to copy on both unity and onBase client .

I already setup 94b8bf5b85e24e23bf9c7cfb335bdc91

allow copy option in OnBase configuration and allow to add folders .and i login from manager user so that has full privilege's 

Any ways to copy folders ? if you can give me  steps as end users? because I don't see any option for copy !

3 REPLIES 3

AlexaKempton
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Haneen, 

I'm glad you found your way onto Hyland Community! While I don't know the answer your question, I can point you to some site resources that may help:

• The Folders and File Cabinets group - Follow this group to receive notifications on news and group activity about Folders & File Cabinets. 
  •  
  • Folders and File Cabinets Module Reference Guides - Found within the resources tab of the Folder and File Cabinets group, MRG's are a great product user manual. I believe the Folder and File Cabinet MRG's include information on copying folders. 

I also re-tagged your question so that it falls under other Community groups. This way, your question can get under the eyes of product experts who may be able to answer your question. Feel free to edit this post and add any other applicable tags. I hope some of this helps-- let me know!

Alexa - Thank you for bringing this question to the attention of the Folders and File Cabinets group!

Jeff_Stoner
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Haneen -

The ability to Copy and Move folders is only available in the OnBase Client. The operation is initiated by right-clicking the source folder and dragging it to the destination parent folder. The source folder type needs to be configured as Copyable and/or Movable and the destination folder type needs to allow child folders to be added to it. If your source folder type and destination folder type are the same folder type then your configuration is correct. As you noted, using the Manager user should automatically grant the privilege to Copy / Move folders.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

-jeff

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.