cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent License

Kyle_Remsburg
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there any way to free up a concurrent license as System Admin when I know the user is not at their desk or actively using the system?  Can I "bump" a user to free up a license? 

Thanks!

Kyle.

6 REPLIES 6

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

You could use the timeout functionality so it will automatically log users out after a specified period of inactivity.

William_Howell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You can also set up a license pool so that an important group of users can always get a license, or get a named user license for the important user. There is no way to kill an idle thick client session that I'm aware of, but there is a way in Diag Console to kill thin client sessions using Tools|View App Server Sessions. This only works if your App Server is on Windows 2003 or 2008 SP2, not 2008 SP1.

Bill

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Which mrg has informaton on how to set up a license pool?  or how do you do this.    We currently use the kick everyone out after 10 min of being idle so we can protect patient health info (phi)  and empl info. 

William_Howell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You can set up a license pool by creating a User Group and then clicking on the Licenses tab and assign Concurrent licenses. On the right side are minimum and maximum licenses to reserve. Setting the Minimum number will guarantee members of this user group that number of licenses. But keep in mind that these reserved licenses reduce the number of available licenses for everyone else - like reserved parking spaces!