cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Committing batches via Unity API

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Per the thread linked below, it is not possible to commit batches via the API. This was from 2015. Is this still true? If so, can we request this be added as a feature?

The "scheduled commit" feature does not meet our needs for the following reason. We want batches to be committed, but only those that are 2 weeks old or older. This is intentional to leave us a 14 day window to purge them if we discover issues with the batch. The problem with the auto-commit feature is that it has no discretion of batch date so it just commits everything, we have no way to tell it to only commit items that are older than 2 weeks.

Once a batch has been committed, cleaning up or removing becomes much more difficult, it's much cleaner to be able to purge.

This leaves us with having to have a person remember to go commit batches every week... This is a perfect use case for automation.

https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/49437-client-script-to-automatically-commit-incomplete-co...

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi David --

You are correct that this is still the case. I do not believe there are any plans to expand the scope of the Unity API at present, but I would be happy to file an enhancement SCR on your behalf to that effect if you're interested.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jay_MacVean
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Your link is not working 

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The url should be fixed.

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi David --

You are correct that this is still the case. I do not believe there are any plans to expand the scope of the Unity API at present, but I would be happy to file an enhancement SCR on your behalf to that effect if you're interested.