cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine two or more alphanumeric description keywords into one multiline text box on unity form

Michael_Casteel
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

On my UF there are multiple description multiline text boxes used for the end user to describe complex errors/issues. Those description boxes are reviewed and monitored by different departments. Recently, we have started to send these reported errors/issues out via Enterprise Reporting to the vendor allowing the vendor to send updated revisions to required documents. I've now assigned an alphanumeric keyword value to many of these description boxes so the text can be used in the Enterprise Report. 

The issue is that there are so many reported errors/issues found, that the description boxes are maxing out at 250 characters based on alphanumeric keyword limit. Is there a way for the end user to type as much of a description as necessary and copy the text to multiple hidden multiline text boxes assigned to a keyword.

I'm looking for the text box used by the end user to appear unlimited and it not stopping them at 250 characters. Yet, somehow copy the text up to 250 characters to a hidden field used for reporting, and if the original text exceeds 250 characters it flows to a 2nd or possibly a 3rd field. That way on the Enterprise Report I can just combine the multiple keyword fields into one as it would appear on the UF. 

0 REPLIES 0
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.