cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine documents in batch scan queue

Jason_Hazlewood
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I am setting up a sweep scan queue.  The documents that imported are usually multipage documetns but can be single page.  I would like the end-user to have the ability to combine documents in the batch to a single document during the indexing process on an ad-hoc basis. 

For instance, the batch contains

doc1 - 2 pages

doc2 - 1 page

doc3 - 3 pages

doc4 - 2 pages

doc5 - 2 page

doc6 - 8 pages

The end-user would like to combine doc1, doc4, and doc5 into a single document and index it.  Then combine doc2, doc3, and doc6 and index that. 

Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

If there is a keyword value that would be the same among the documents that need to be combined, such as account number or some other unique value, then the scan queue could be set up to append the correct documents together automatically as the user indexes through the batch...refer to using the document imaging MRG for the scan queue options to 'append to existing documents matched on keyword(s)' and its sub-options for using only uniqueness keywords and possibly the option to visually verify the append target. 

Jason_Hazlewood
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks for that suggestion Steve. 

I think the problem there is that the document type has mutliple keywords that are all required.  Plus, I would like to avoid forcing the person indexing the documents from indexing every document before they can be combined.

I was hoping more for a way of combining them on the sweep or possibly selecting which documents in the batch to append to the indexed document on an ad-hoc basis. 

We already have method for combinding the files outside of OnBase and I am pretty sure that we could use OnBase's Import function to accomplish this.  I am looking for ways to streamline their workflow.

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

You could use the document separation queue to allow the user to combine the documents by dragging the thumbnails of the pages around to restructure the documents in the batch as needed.

Jason_Hazlewood
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

That was an even better idea.  This would work if they were working with relatively few files.  In this situation, the indexer may be working with 100s of files.  That's a lot of thumbnails.