cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Keyword Groups

Tim_Seen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Does anyone have experience with using keyword groups and changing them after they have been implemented? We are designing our model for HR records project and we are considering using groups. I am hesitant to implement groups initially because it seems like you cannot easily change them once they are implemented.  What are the pros/cons to using the groups and what is the process to add/delete a keyword and how impactful is this on the system.  Does anyone know if there have been SCR for enhancing the keyword groups to allow changes to the groups? We are on OnBase12 upgrading to OnBase15 this year.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Deena_Hess1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I can tell you from my experience that I use keyword groups where the opportunity presents itself so that my system has an extra edge of efficiency, but you're right, they are nearly impossible to change. About the most I have ever been able to do is add an additional keyword, but you can't take them away or change the order. If you were to look in my development environment you would see several 'discarded' keyword groups before I get it perfected. My production is a lot cleaner, but I still have a couple of discarded groups.

For our HR solution we use Autofill Keyword sets and I would highly recommend going that direction because there tends to be a lot of info captured for each document.

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello and thank you for using the OnBase Community!

As of OnBase 16 Service Pack 1 administrators can now re-order Keywords in Multi-Instance and Single Instance Keyword Type Groups.  

Please reach out to your First Line of Support for more information. 

Thank you for using the OnBase Community!