cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to overwrite or clear a Cascading Data Set

Bokai_Shieh
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

When I import a Cascading Data Set from a text file, is it possible to have it overwrite all existing values in the data set instead of appending? 

If not, is there an easy/fast way to clear all the values in a Cascading Data Set?  Right now the only I option I see is to select each value individually, click delete, then yes to the warning prompt. 

4 REPLIES 4

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Not through the GUI in Config.

Mass clearing can be done at the SQL (table) level. But this would probably violate you Maintenance with Hyland if you don't have their permission.

The GUI for Casc. Data Sets is pretty basic.

Matt_DeFaveri
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Jason,

Thanks for writing in. Jose is correct - any database modifications not supervised by a member of the Hyland Software Technical Support staff violate the Database Modification Policy you agree to when using the OnBase product suite. If you're unfamiliar with the policy, please read over it carefully here:

https://www.onbase.com/community/technical_communities/databases/m/reference_guides/10526.aspx

As for overwriting an existing Cascading Data Set, you would have to manually delete each value individually and import the desired data set from the text file you mentioned.

SCR#105602 requests functionality to overwrite existing values within Cascading Data Sets, as well as allow the deletion of current Cascading Data Set values. Hyland Software Development staff has reviewed the enhancement request but cannot commit to implementing the requested functionality at this time for our next release version. This request has been added to the development backlog for future consideration.

If you would like to be added to this SCR, please contact your first line of support and reference SCR#105602. Mention you would like to be added to the list of customers requesting this functionality.

I hope this answers your question. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Best,

Matt DeFaveri

Technical Support Associate Analyst

Hyland Software

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Jason, the key here is not supervised.  Just contact you first line of support and they can contact Hyland.  Then you can have a webex where Hyland can initate the sql.  However, this should be for a record count that can't be handled manually or automated in any other way. 

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello and thank you for using the OnBase Community!

SCR # 252470 addresses the functionality that you are requesting.  Please reach out to your First Line of Support to be added to the SCR or for more information.

Thank you for using the OnBase Community! 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.