cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CD/DVD Encrypted Exporting

David_Hoffman
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I've recently been asked by security department regarding what is exposed in CD/DVD Encrypted Exporting.  The specific item in question is employee list (useraccount table).  I've reviewed an example of the exported media Client and through the Client there is no ability to view the user list.  If someone were able to import the database included, would the useraccount table contain all the users or only the users included in the user group needed for the export?  If it is limited to only the users in the user group needed for the export, where is it documented that this is the system process?

thank you,

-David H.

3 REPLIES 3

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey David,

Hope your week is going well. It's my understanding that the only users that should show up in the hsi.useraccount table on a CD/DVD would be users that belong to the User Group(s) assigned to the export format that is being used to publish the disc. As far as where this is documented, the Authoring/Publishing MRG has a little blurb referencing that only users in the groups assigned will have access:

"Select the newly created format in the Export Formats list and click User Groups to assign User Group access to the exported data. Only those users who belong to the configured user groups will be able to access the data exported by the Export Format. The User Group rights and security (e.g., Print Formats, Custom Queries, etc.) are also enforced for the exported data."

However, if you'd like to have an additional note added stating that the only users exported are the ones that belong to the group that are assigned to the exported CD/DVD I'd be happy to submit a Documentation Change Request.

Just let me know!

Thanks,

Thanks, Justin

That would be great if the documentation could be amended in the future.  I will inform my Audit team of this and the request for documentation change pending.

Have a great week.

David

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey David,

I created DCR 4081 to ask that a note be added.

Thanks,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.