cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ODBC on users computers

Kathrine_McKelv
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Does anyone know if there is a table in OnBase that would identify which users use the Thick client to access OnBase?  We are doing a version upgrade to 14 tomorrow and I'm wondering how I'm going to install the ODBC on the desktops for all users that use the Thick client application.  I'm sure their SQL Server driver is out of date as well and I need to add a new icon to desktop to access OnBase 14.  Any suggestions?  I tried to use a terminal server to install the application and ODBC for users to remote in but I could not get passed the need for user's desktop to have the ODBC installed ( even using the System DSN - I couldn't get it to work). Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Kyle_Larson3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

try this....

select name from master..syslogins
where dbname like 'enter database name'

***This is what we used to ID computers where the thick client was installed when we upgraded. We had to take that list and cross-reference it against AD Computers to determine which computer names were still active.

David_Hankes
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Kathi:

As long as you know that the ODBC driver is up-to-date, what I have done is make a Registry script that installs all the ODBC information for the OnBase product and any other ODBCs that are required for Auto-fill KWs, etc.  I have it in 32bit and 64bit versions based on the machine environment.  In our terminal server environment, I believe the base image has all this information installed, therefore it pulls the ODBC and configurations for anyone that connects.

David

Don_Campbell
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

With MS SQL the first time a a computer logs in with the Thick Client it makes a new SQL User.  The computer name is that name.

Kathrine_McKelv
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I got an answer from this - there is a table named SECURITYLOG that holds the information that I need. Here is the information from Jason Thompson to identify thick vs. web client:

Logged into the Client (actionnum=1, subactionnum=1)

Logged out of the Client (actionnum=3, subactionnum=1)

Logged into Core Services (ie the Web, Unity, etc) (actionnum=1, subactionnum=9)

Logged out of the Client (actionnum=3, subactionnum=7)

Changed User Password (actionnum=4, subactionnum=2)