Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Replace User Groups with change management

Victor_Zellwege
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi All,

As part of a larger export package, I am trying to import some User Group privilege changes by Replacing their targets with the ones in the package.

In the change management tool, this process works fine for all components aside from User Groups, which simply have the Replace button disabled. There is no indication why this is disabled, nor can I find anything in the import/export section of the SysAdmin MRG addressing a limitation that might cause this to happen. 

Does anybody have an idea as to why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Victor

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Victor_Zellwege
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I reached out to support and received this explanation:

"...with user groups you only have the ability to Map and Create. Security data is never migrated between the test and production environments so all though this can be exported and then created or mapped. These will not set user group settings with either option.  This is also why you cannot replace. Unfortunately... there is not a way to migrate user group settings."

I am waiting to hear back about where this is mentioned in the documentation, so hopefully I'll be able to stop asking dumb questions about change management soon.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Victor_Zellwege
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I reached out to support and received this explanation:

"...with user groups you only have the ability to Map and Create. Security data is never migrated between the test and production environments so all though this can be exported and then created or mapped. These will not set user group settings with either option.  This is also why you cannot replace. Unfortunately... there is not a way to migrate user group settings."

I am waiting to hear back about where this is mentioned in the documentation, so hopefully I'll be able to stop asking dumb questions about change management soon.

Support says this limitation was not in the documentation, so we created a DCR for an update to the MRG.

There are several more limitations I've come across with this and other features, that are not mentioned anywhere in the MRG's. I'm thinking of creating a community post as a repository of these details, so other users don't have to go through the long process that I did in order to find answers.