cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Folders

Jonathan_Giblin
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes...

I'm trying to delete a folder and its child in Configuration. The folders were removed in Unity and the Thick Client, but they remain visible in Configuration. When I try to delete them again I get a message saying there are no folders of the specified type. I'm kind of new at this so it's probably something stupid. What am I doing wrong?

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Jonathan and thank you for using the OnBase Community,

If you have deleted all Folders from the Client and are attempting to use either of the "Delete Orphans" or "Delete Folders" options in Configuration you will receive the "There are no folder of the select type" message.

If you are trying to delete from the actual configured Folder structure you would need to delete the File Cabinet from the File Cabinet dialog in Configuration (Document > File Cabinets).

Before continuing I strongly suggest you trying this out in a Test environment before implementing in Production.

Select the File Cabinet you wish to delete and click the Delete button.

You will be prompted with a "Are you sure you want to delete the selected file cabinet and all of its contents?" dialog, select yes.

You have just deleted the File Cabinet, now you have to go back into the Folder Configuration dialog and delete the structure.

Select the root Folder, right click and select "Delete".

You will be prompted with a "Are you sure you wish to delete the selected folder type and all of its child folder types?" dialog, click yes and your structure will be deleted!

I hope this helps!

Thanks again for using the OnBase Community!

View answer in original post

Jonathan_Giblin
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks, Bryan. That was helpful.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Jonathan and thank you for using the OnBase Community,

If you have deleted all Folders from the Client and are attempting to use either of the "Delete Orphans" or "Delete Folders" options in Configuration you will receive the "There are no folder of the select type" message.

If you are trying to delete from the actual configured Folder structure you would need to delete the File Cabinet from the File Cabinet dialog in Configuration (Document > File Cabinets).

Before continuing I strongly suggest you trying this out in a Test environment before implementing in Production.

Select the File Cabinet you wish to delete and click the Delete button.

You will be prompted with a "Are you sure you want to delete the selected file cabinet and all of its contents?" dialog, select yes.

You have just deleted the File Cabinet, now you have to go back into the Folder Configuration dialog and delete the structure.

Select the root Folder, right click and select "Delete".

You will be prompted with a "Are you sure you wish to delete the selected folder type and all of its child folder types?" dialog, click yes and your structure will be deleted!

I hope this helps!

Thanks again for using the OnBase Community!

Jonathan_Giblin
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks, Bryan. That was helpful.