cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can multiple documents be combined into a single document using API?

Mark_Rogers4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are going to be receiving emails that will have multiple attachments which will be imported as separate documents using mailbox importer.  The business wants to automatically combine the original email with all of the attachments into a single document.  Assuming it can be done, what is the best way to do it? Can a Unity script or external application using the Unity API do it?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
This may not work with your overall requirements, or your exact usage of Mailbox Importer, but...

From what you describe, why don't you just have Mailbox Importer keep the email together as an MSG with the attachments contained inside it? That would be the absolute simplest choice (and I'm pretty sure that Mailbox Importer is capable of that... maybe I'm mixing up default Mailbox Importer and other custom processes I wrote...)

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
This may not work with your overall requirements, or your exact usage of Mailbox Importer, but...

From what you describe, why don't you just have Mailbox Importer keep the email together as an MSG with the attachments contained inside it? That would be the absolute simplest choice (and I'm pretty sure that Mailbox Importer is capable of that... maybe I'm mixing up default Mailbox Importer and other custom processes I wrote...)

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator
Mark
If Alex's solution is not what you are looking for and if you are looking for a single image document, It is very doable but very complex API and workflow constructs. I developed a system to do just that to assist in the review of emails that are responsive to public records requests. and even put filler title pages between the attachments. Among the issues you have to deal with are heterogeneous attachment that include multi-media files that cannot be converted to image. If need more details let me know.
Good Luck
Scott

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator
Mark
If Alex's solution is not what you are looking for and if you are looking for a single image document, It is very doable but very complex API and workflow constructs. I developed a system to do just that to assist in the review of emails that are responsive to public records requests. and even put filler title pages between the attachments. Among the issues you have to deal with are heterogeneous attachment that include multi-media files that cannot be converted to image. If need more details let me know.
Good Luck
Scott
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.