cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice in deleting users

Mindy_Levin
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We currently have a practice for deleting users that includes the following steps:

1.  Uncheck all associated licenses for users.

2.  Remove all user groups from users

3.  Delete user

We are doing this to ensure there are no connections to licenses for the users we are deleting.  I'm curious if this is even necessary.  Can we simply just delete the user without having to uncheck licenses and remove all user groups prior to actually deleting the user?  We are doing this in Configuration.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Matt_OConnell
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Mindy

Whenever the administrator deletes a user, the software should automatically remove any licenses and user groups associated with it. 

I have confirmed this from development as well as from the member in QA who tests this functionality.

Thanks

-Matt O'Connell

Hyland Software

QA Infrastructure Administrator

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Matt_OConnell
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Mindy

Whenever the administrator deletes a user, the software should automatically remove any licenses and user groups associated with it. 

I have confirmed this from development as well as from the member in QA who tests this functionality.

Thanks

-Matt O'Connell

Hyland Software

QA Infrastructure Administrator

Thank you Matt! I appreciate the response! That sure does save us time removing users.

We have accidentally deleted a user. What is the best way to "undelete" them? We do not want to create a new account for this user, as we want to keep them linked to their existing history records. I know that the user account still exists in the database as I can see it in the hsi.useraccount table, but the account no longer appears in the OnBase Configuration > User Names list. Any advice?

Sam - I think that is the entry in the "licenseflag" column within the useraccount table.